|Stray or "free" cat||Fancy Cat|
|Sterilization||$250-600||$350-900||altered prior to adoption||altered at 6 months|
|FeLV/FIV combo test||$100–$140||$100-140||most cats are tested
prior to adoption
|most kittens are tested unless
mom or sibling was tested
|Rabies vaccine||$30-50||$30-50||vaccinated prior to adoption||vaccinated at 14 weeks|
|Distemper (FVRCP/RCP)||$30-50||$30-50||vaccinated prior to adoption||vaccinated at least twice
prior to adoption
|Office Visit||$68-140||$68-140||medical attention as needed||medical attention as needed|
|Deworming||$45–$60||$45–$60||dewormed as needed||dewormed as needed|
|Microchip||$40||$40||Microchipped prior to adoption||Microchipped prior to adoption|
Adoption fees are: Adult $200 for one cat, $300 for two cats;
*We do not adopt kittens singly without another young and/or playful dog or cat at home.
The above totals do not include food, litter, post-operative drugs, and other routine expenses. All adoption fees go directly towards providing medical care, food, litter and shelter for our rescued cats. A s shown above, the adoption fees often do not even cover the costs of the care we provide each cat. Once the paperwork has been completed and the adoption fee is paid, you will be able to take your new companion home. You need to provide a carrier for transport. We may contact you after the adoption to follow up and ensure your cat is settling in well.
FCRT does not guarantee the health of any animals offered for adoption. Any time you adopt an animal, you should take it to a licensed veterinarian to have it checked within 10 days of adoption. Your animal is, to the best of our knowledge, healthy, but will need to be started immediately on a program of preventative veterinary care.
Please be aware that the animals available for adoption are rescue animals and, as such, have often been exposed to a variety of infectious organisms. Like human illnesses, these infections can have an incubation period of up to several weeks. If the animal you adopt shows signs of illness at any point, please promptly take the animal to the vet for treatment.
The following statement is required by Virginia law: STERILIZATION OF ANY ADOPTED ANIMAL IS REQUIRED BY TITLE 3.2, CHAPTER 65 OF THE CODE OF VIRGINIA. THE ADOPTER [YOU] AGREES TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF 3.2-6574 through 3.2-6578, WHICH PERTAIN TO THE TIMELY STERILIZATION OF THE ADOPTED PET. A PERSON [YOU] WHO VIOLATES THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CIVIL PENALTY. THE NEW OWNER [YOU] MAY BE COMPELLED TO COMPLY WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS ARTICLE.
Submitting an adoption application to Fancy Cats Rescue Team does not commit the applicant to that adoption or guarantee adoption approval of the specified or any adoptable cat listed with Fancy Cats. You can complete and submit your adoption application online anytime!
Conditions of adoption:
- You must have a valid identification showing your current address and your age. You must be at least 21 to adopt.
- If you are renting, we need a copy of your lease showing you are permitted to have a pet and have paid the required deposit. If you own your home, we do verify home ownership.
- Fancy Cats & Dogs Rescue Team's adoption service area is within a 50 mile radius of Northern Virginia and reserves the right to decline applications outside of the service area
- Fancy Cats & Dogs Rescue Team requires kittens to be adopted in pairs, or have an age appropriate cat/playmate in the home.
- Fancy Cats & Dogs Rescue Team follows a general policy of adopting kittens to families with children over the age of 7.
- You must be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for a cat.
- For the first 30 days, please keep cat(s) separated and confined to one area; you should not expose your other animals to a new cat until you bring the new cat to the vet for an initial checkup.
- You must be willing to provide a life-long commitment to the care and well being of your cat. If you cannot make a lifetime commitment (cats can live 15–20 years) to a Fancy Cats cat, please consider adopting from your local shelter whose policies are less stringent than ours.
- Fancy Cats & Dogs Rescue Team does not allow or disallow adoptions based on an individual’s race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age or disability.
- FancyCats & Dogs Rescue Team reserves the right to refuse the adoption of any cat without stating a reason.
Renters, please bring a copy of your lease showing you are permitted to have a pet with a receipt that you have paid any required deposit once your application is approved and you are coming to meet and/or adopt a cat.
Homeowners, bring a copy of a mortgage statement and utility bill once your application is approved and you are coming to meet and/or adopt a cat.